Slope Electric Cooperative is pleased to announce the 2021-2022 student scholarship winners, whose families are member-owners of Slope Electric. In the spirit of the Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives value of commitment to community, Slope Electric is proud to offer yearly scholarships to assist in developing rural leadership in our region.
Slope Electric/Basin Electric scholarship
The winner of the Basin Electric Power Cooperative/ Slope Electric scholarship award is Madison Wilson. She will receive a $1,000 scholarship in the fall of 2022. Madison is daughter of Wayne and Jodi Wilson. Madison will be attending the University of North Dakota.
Slope Electric high school scholarships
As part of our commitment to community and area youth, Slope Electric is pleased to also award one $500 scholarship to a graduating senior from each of the high schools within our service area:
- Bowman County High School chose Andrea Rodakowski, daughter of Luke and Andrea Rodakowski. Andrea will be attending Bismarck State College.
- Mott-Regent High School chose Teegan Nelson, daughter of Justin Nelson. Teegan will be attending Dickinson State University pursing a nursing degree.
- Hettinger High School chose Cassie Kindsfater, daughter of Kortney and Katy Kindsfater. Cassie will be attending Bismarck State College pursing a diagnostic medical sonography degree.
- New England High School chose Chevy Dhamers, son of Justin and Tracy Dhamers. Chevy will be attending Bismarck State College.
- Lemmon High School chose Cord Beer, son of Ryan and Jacki Beer. Cord will be attending Southern Utah University to pursue a career as a commercial helicopter pilot
- Scranton High School chose Brian Bartholmy, son of Roger Bartholmy. Brian will be attending Valley City State University and pursing a degree in exercise science.
3C Construction and West Dakota Utility Services generously extended a $500 scholarship to each of its owners this year, including Slope Electric. The intention of the scholarship is to provide support to students entering into a lineworker program or mechanic program at a certified vocational or technical school. We have incorporated this scholarship into our current scholarship program, which allows Slope to offer two more scholarship awards to our member-dependents. No qualifying applications were submitted.
Thank you to all the students who took the time to apply, and congratulations to this year’s winners! Slope Electric is proud to play a small role in supporting your educations and careers